Friday, March 07, 2008

Visitors

I'm expecting my parents to arrive sometime tomorrow (3/8) afternoon. It's been quite a while since Michelle and I have seen them, August of '07 I believe, and we're both eagarly awaiting their arrival. Dad tells me they plan on driving through the night. I hope everything goes smoothly. Dad also mentioned that he would like to visit Robert Johnson's gravesite in North Mississippi. As I understand it, there is quite a controversy surrounding the actual location of his remains. Three separate tombstones exist with evidence to support each one being the "true" resting spot for one of the most famous of Delta blues musicians. Hopefully Dad picked the right one.

The week's agenda is mostly up in the air, but we're planning on catching "Dr. E and the Voodoo Kings" at Walnut Circle Grill Saturday night, visiting the Camp Shelby military museum at some point, having a crawfish boil with the Lee family, and possibly venturing up to Natchez mid-week. Of course, food will also be paramount...at the very least, we're planning on taking them to Leatha's and Mugshots. Leatha's has the best barbeque in all of Mississippi & Mugshots serves the best burgers in town.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?