Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Spontaneous seeking to share enjoyment

Several weeks ago a friend turned me on to the Dancing Rabbit ecovillage in northeastern Missouri. The name leaves something to be desired, but its mission and the execution of that mission is rather inspiring. In my opinion, the most interesting part is its emphasis on natural building. According to their website, "Natural Building includes a variety of building techniques that focus on creating sustainable buildings which minimize their negative ecological impact." Read up and tell me what you think. Also, some of the community's more tech-savvy members have posted videos that I recommend checking out if you have the time. Searching for general terms such as, "Dancing Rabbit" on youtube should do the trick. The Eco-Cribs tour of Larkspur was a personal favorite of mine.

Comments:
Jude, I've got a new one for you - Lammas in Wales. Its close to where I went to school. The cool thing about Wales is that the govt is actually encouraging low-impact construction as a open view to transitional towns.

lammas.org.uk - check it out.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?